Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The joys of planning.

For somebody who loves being spontaneous and care-free I have the habit of planning way too much. I guess what I like most about it is actually getting the chance to fulfill my plans and than just throw them out the window. For example, I recently went to the UK for three weeks and I was so excited I didn't know what to do with myself. I spent my last few days at work looking over travel guides just to pass the time, and I had a huge list of things I wanted to see and do. I didn't do a single one of those. I actually wrote down a physical list that was with me all the time while I was in the UK and although I looked at it frequently, I didn't tick off a single box. And it was amazing. Now that I have some free time before my next adventure I can't help but wanting to plan more things. In 2015 I will go on a round the world trip for year to celebrate getting my master's, even though after getting a master's I'll definitely not have enough money to go to the park, let alone around the world. But I'm planning for it, and it's gonna be grand. What are some big plans you guys loved actively ignoring? M. p.s. my new shirt came in and I love it. Even more bc it matches my blog backgroun.

2 comments:

  1. Is it just me or does that shirt look like one alex das made a while ago? Never mind xD

    So there are plans I'm activly working at (saving money to go to London next summer, enough for both me and my friend), and plans that I'm ignoring like going to America or having a frequent youtube schedule. I try to be a person that makes proper plans, meaning that I achieve my goals, but sometimes it just doesn't work out sadly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! That is that Alex shirt! And I love it twice as much for being his!
      It is awesome that you are planning on going to London, I've been saving my whole life, and finally got to go in February, and it was the most amazing thing. I cannot wait to go back!

      Sorry it took me so long to reply to this, I was away and did not have my computer with me!

      Delete