Friday, March 29, 2013

My big leap.


   These are my thoughts to Carrie Fletcher's video about taking chances and big risks.


   But I am currently in the midst of preparing to make the biggest leap of my life, so far. I am moving to a different country by myself. I think I've been taking this into baby steps, and this was the next rational action. I have moved around before, I have moved countries with my family, I have moved by myself to a new town. I have traveled abroad by myself before. All in preparation for this.

   Ok, so it's not as immediate as I'm making it out to be, but I know for certain it is the thing I most want to do right now. I have a pretty good job that I've grown to love, I have reconnected with friends I haven't seen in over 8 years and I'm getting closer to my family. But at the same time I am willing to trade that for this move.

  I applied and been accepted to a very prestigious school in England for a master's program and I have no hesitation whatsoever about accepting it. I am going to work as hard as I can to save up some money to pay for it myself without being a strain on my parents, so that is also another sacrifice I am willing to make since I could be using this money for more immediate pleasures. And I know this will be so very worth it.

   I'd love to know what are some big leaps you might have taken, wanted to take, plan on taking. And whatever they are I wish you good luck.

Best,

M.

   p.s. no this blog has not become a "I respond to YT videos" thing, it's just I really wanted to write more than the comment section would let me.


No comments:

Post a Comment